Barin Cristian Doru
Crowdsourced design contests: friend or foe? One designer argues the case.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
In the course of my five years as a freelance graphic designer, I’ve heard countless designers weigh in on the value of crowdsourced design contests. They’re almost always frustrated naysayers or fervent fans. But the way I see it, the merit of graphic design contests isn’t a black and white issue. I realise they’re not for everyone, but I know they’re essential to legions of designers like me.