Fashion labels Gorman has found inspiration among the rocks and minerals of Melbourne Museum to create its Autumn '16 collection.
Image credits: Gorman’s Autumn 2016 collection courtesy of Museum Victoria
What may be dusty old rocks and stones to some, Melbourne designer Lisa Gorman has managed to transform the often overlooked corners of Melbourne Museum into stunning garments.
The collaboration between popular fashion label Gorman and Melbourne Museum and resulted 'Geology' collection is evidence of the opportunities for artist and arts organisations that can be found outside the sector.
Read: Stretching boundaries to find opportunities
Lisa Gorman worked closely with Museum Victoria’s Geosciences team to explore the museum’s collection of rocks, minerals, and precious and semi-precious stones.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today