New events that integrate the art and fashion will be part of the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival's 20th incarnation.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
In 2016 the Virgin Australia Melbourne Fashion Festival – Australia’s largest and longest running consumer-facing fashion event – will celebrate 20 years of being in style showcasing more than 100 established and emerging Australian fashion designers.
The anniversary will be a cause of celebration for the city's artists. A host of new events that integrate the art and fashion world will be included including a runway hub in the Melbourne Museum Precinct.The inaugural ‘Discovery Runway’ series championing young independent Victorian designers and a major exhibition at the National Gallery of Victoria celebrating 200 years of Australian fashion.
As more cross-sector collaboration is encouraged, Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley recognises fashion as ‘a key driver of Victoria’s creative industries, bolstering the cultural and economic fabric of our state.’