Volunteering and unpaid internships are becoming standard career pathways but female-dominated industries such as the arts use more free labour.
Women do more unpaid work than men. Data collected by the ABS on How Australians Use Their Time reveals that women do an extra 141 minutes of unpaid work compared to the other gender.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today