Creative professionals are bombarded by requests to work for free. Check on these guidelines for when to say yes, how to manage the process and how to ensure you are not exploited.
Creative professional are always being asked to work for free. Sometimes it's sold as a donation, sometimes as 'experience' or ‘great exposure’. But people who would never ask an accountant or a chef to donate their time have no problem asking creatives to work for nothing.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today