In the latest instalment of our spotlight series, a handful of Australia's most sought after commercial illustrators reveal what it takes to make a career out of doing what you love.
Image: via pexels.com
From helping brands stand out online and off, to informing and educating, a career as a commercial illustrator is a viable path for the artistically inclined creative.
But like many professions in the arts, becoming a full-time illustrator isn’t as linear as go to university, complete work experience, and settle into an entry-level position at an agency. The steps to becoming a commercial illustrator are many and varied, as people bring diverse backgrounds and skills to their role and experience different challenges and highlights.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today