In the latest instalment of our spotlight series, a handful of Australia's most sought after commercial illustrators reveal what it takes to make a career out of doing what you love.
This content is only available to members of ArtsHub
Join Now for instant access!
A subscription to ArtsHub will enable you to:
- Access the most comprehensive jobs board for the arts sector, with hundreds of positions posted weekly
- Keep up to date with the latest industry news
- Access thousands of members-only features, articles and guides
- Be in the know with upcoming events and exhibitions added daily
- Learn how and where to get grants, with the most extensive grant finder
... and much, much more.
Join Now and join the Australian arts community today
Image: via pexels.com
From helping brands stand out online and off, to informing and educating, a career as a commercial illustrator is a viable path for the artistically inclined creative.
But like many professions in the arts, becoming a full-time illustrator isn’t as linear as go to university, complete work experience, and settle into an entry-level position at an agency. The steps to becoming a commercial illustrator are many and varied, as people bring diverse backgrounds and skills to their role and experience different challenges and highlights.