AFTRS-Australian Film Television and Radio School (AH Account)
About the Course
Wanting to extend your digital knowledge, or change career direction? This five-day Intensive is perfect for anyone looking to get a grasp on the current digital landscape and beyond. The role of a digital producer can vary dramatically depending on the area in which you are working. Whether you’re agency-based or in-house, running a start-up or trying to catch up, marketers, account managers and producers are expected to understand the wider opportunities in the digital landscape. With classroom lectures, screenings and real-world practical team exercises to take you on a journey through the digital minefield, you’ll start to unravel the technical jargon, and learn how a digital producer works with wider teams to create digital websites, social media, mobile applications and interactive media. You’ll also gain knowledge in the areas of UX, gamification & behaviour change and games.
- Covers the general roles and responsibilities of a Digital Producer, and provides an overview of the skills and knowledge needed to succeed
- Getting creative: problem solving, innovation, strategy and abstract thinking
- Project phases, team players, and the Digital Producer’s role in bringing them together: Discovery, Definition, Design, Development and Deployment, and much more
This course will give you the basic knowledge in all areas of digital, giving you scope to pursue your specific interests in more in-depth courses. It’s a top level crash course for those thinking about making a leap into digital or wanting to explore the industry more.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Understanding the technical lingo and becoming a translator for your clients
- Tools of the trade: prototyping, project management and team management
- An introduction to digital production methodologies including waterfall, agile and scrum
- How to pitch a Digital project/strategy for a target audience